Friday, October 10, 2008

FINAL PIC POSTING #6 - FUN STUFF!

GIRAFFE LIPS - ICK!!!!




GROSS!!!!!!!!!


ICHKKKK!!!!

ELEPHANT ORPHANAGE


THE GIANT MAN

This is Martin Michnick in the radio room at Diguna!


THE BURNING BUSH...

WoW! What a bush!!!


HOW TO STRAP A CHILD ON
We were in Nairobi stopped in traffic when I noticed this lady...


Her other son is helpful. DOUBLE-CLICK to see detail.
I saw lots of Kenyan moms carrying their babies like this and it was fascinating to see how it's done.
THE ACACIA TREE



KITENGELA GLASS FACTORY
This factory is in the middle of nowhere.

It was really scary to cross over on this metal suspension bridge to get to the glass factory. The whole thing shook and I dind't dare look down at my feet. I prayed, "Lord it's amazing that one day You'll come, change my body and take me off of this earth to Your home. But right now I can't wait to get back on solid ground!"
THE MAGIC TOILET...
The most amazing choo (pronounced as rhyming with "low,") in Kenya!

Can you believe this?


Yes, it's really still in use.


Wow!

Ann found a friend in the woods.


There was lots of art everywhere!

This is their glass shop. DOUBLE-CLICK for detail! It's gorgeous! The entire floor is made of little bits of glass and it looks wet.


More of the glass shop...


A wall made of concrete with wine bottles.


This was in the ground of the parking lot.


This is their beautiful bead shop. The floor is all made of glass!



This is their furnace room. The workers are highly skilled and know exactly how long to keep the glass in the fire and how to work it afterwards.








We can trust that the Lord is working in our lives even when we're in the furnace of affliction. He knows exactly how long to keep us in the heat to work us into His image.



Crossing back to the other side was even scarier the second time. I prayed the whole way but see me on the other side? (You may have to DOUBLE-CLICK!) I'm shouting, "I'M ALIVE!!!!"






BATS IN THE ATTIC?


You decide!










No comments: